I just made these tonight and they are so good I had to share!
Apricot Spice Cookies
1 1/2 c. unbleached white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. rolled oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 t. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. butter
1/2 c. organic cane sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. finely chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flours, oats, spices, salt, baking soda and powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Stir in apricots.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let set on baking sheet for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack
Makes about 4 dozen cookies, depending on how much dough you eat ;)