Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Forward

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions.  I've been around enough to know that they don't last.  I usually don't stick to much of anything for more than a week or so, if I'm lucky.  I now know better than to use words like "always" and "never".  But words like growing, improving, and striving are friends of mine.  To be able to look back on the previous year and say, "I'm a better person now than I was then," whatever that means to you, is a huge achievement.  I would like to be able to say that.  To always be pressing forward, growing in grace, expanding in knowledge, bettering myself as a wife, mother, and friend.  Not becoming stagnant, but reaching out and making a difference in my little corner of the world.  I think that we can all do that.  By making little changes every day, adding and subtracting what we need to from our lives to slowly mold ourselves into what we want to be.  Knowing that we will inevitably fail, but not letting that stop us from getting back up and pressing forward again.

Here are some things I want to work on over this next year...
  • spend less
  • give more
  • read more books
  • watch less TV
  • eat more veggies
  • eat less sugar
  • take more walks
  • be outside more
  • plant some flowers
  • plant some herbs
  • speak more softly
  • be less easily angered
  • repay evil with good
  • smile more often
  • give more hugs
  • talk to strangers
  • be thankful
  • complain less
  • go to bed a little earlier
  • get up a little earlier
  • write more
  • sing more
  • paint more
  • sew more

No comments:

Post a Comment